Trapped snake rescued by fire crew

editorial image
Share this article

A THREE foot python called Brian had to be rescued by fire officers after becoming trapped in a chair.

The pet snake became wrapped up in the adjustment mechanism underneath an office style chair at a house on Alexandra Road in Morecambe.

Fire crews had to perform a delicate operation using small tools and a crowbar to gently prise the snake from its predicament.

A spokesman from Morecambe fire station said Brian was unharmed following his ordeal on Sunday evening.