Plastic fire sets off smoke alarm

WEB ONLY. Image does not crop into c3 nib spots.''Fire engine. (S)
WEB ONLY. Image does not crop into c3 nib spots.''Fire engine. (S)
Share this article

A small fire broke out in a plastic storage container at a flat in Lancaster.

Firefighters were called out to Lentworth Drive to a ground floor flat at 2.25am on June 24.

The smoke alarm had activated and given the occupier enough warning to get out uninjured.

Firefighters extinguished the fire and used a portable fan to extract the smoke.