Pan of food causes kitchen fire in Galgate

Share this article

A pan of food left on the stove caused a fire at a house in Galgate.

Fire crews were called to Chapel Street at 1.33am after reports smoke could be seen inside the property and a smoke alarm was sounding.

When firefighters arrived at the scene they found the incident involved a pan of food which had been left on. Crews led one person to safety and used breathing and a fan to clear the house of smoke.

They were at the scene for approximately one hour.