Discovering jewels in the mud
Find out more about the creatures living along our coastline through a series of marine events being held in Heysham.
During National Marine Week from July 23 to August 7, the North West Wildlife Trust is holding a series of events encouraging people to spend some time by the sea.
Dr Emily Baxter, Marine Conservation Officer at the North West Wildlife Trusts says: “We want to inspire people to find, enjoy, learn, and value more of the fantastic marine life in our seas – not just the amazing mammals such as dolphins and porpoises but also some of the smaller, unsung heroes found in our muddy habitats.”
Discover more about our seas at these local events:
• July 24 – Rockpool ramble, Half Moon Bay, Heysham – come and explore the rocky shore on a guided family rockpool ramble.
• July 25- Whale and dolphin watch, Heysham Port - join our survey to help us find out where whales, dolphins and porpoises hang out!
• July 27 – Rockpool ramble, Half Moon Bay, Heysham
• July 28 – Marine Mudness activity day, Morecambe – mud-based activities for all the family to enjoy including a family-friendly introduction to the birdlife of Morecambe Bay
• August 4 – Life on the shore, Half Moon Bay, Heysham
Visit www.irishsea.org/whats-on to find out more and tweet your muddy photos #MarineMudness.