Morecambe in Bloom gardening competition has been launched with a total of 14 categories.
The competition aims to celebrates the hard work of residents and to encourage new people to participate to improve the appearance of Morecambe.
Whether it is a large garden, small terraced frontage or a simple hanging basket or tub, the competition has a category for almost all to enter.
There is also an opportunity for residents to work together and enter several properties in the “Best Street” category.
Community groups and Sheltered Housing Schemes can enter their projects into the “Community Challenge Cup” category and Business have the opportunity to enter two special categories, the award for “Best Business” and, if applicable, the “Tourism Award”.
The judging takes place in July, when gardens and projects will be their most striking. There will be an opportunity for entrants to meet the judges to tell them about their project, which is hoped to win one of the prestigious Bronze, Silver, Silver Gilt and Gold awards.
Those who win an award will be invited to the presentation evening which takes place 0n Wednesday October 12.
Entries are invited from residents and organisations within Morecambe for the following categories:
(1) Lancaster City Council Tourism Award for Best Hotel, Public House or Bed & Breakfast.
(2) Morecambe in Bloom Amateur Garden Challenge Cup.
(3) Morecambe & District Chamber of Trade Business Trophy.
(4) The Vera Bailey Trophy for Best Single Terraced Frontage.
(5) The David Jordan Trophy for Best Back Yard.
(6) The JWK Community Challenge Trophy. (Entries are invited from Community Groups including Shared Garden Schemes, Friends Groups, Sheltered Housing Schemes and Community Garden Projects etc. Entrants will be invited to meet the judge on the day to explain how the community have worked together) Under 15’s (Tub, Hanging Basket or Garden Patch.
(7) The Joan Adams Memorial Trophy for the Best Hanging Basket.
(8) The Lesley Jordan Trophy for the Best Street or Terrace. (Must demonstrate participation to enhance the street or terrace. Entrants will be invited to meet the judge on the day to explain how the street have worked together)
(9) The Visitor Schools Challenge Cup.
(10) The Morecambe Town Council Trophy for Best Shopping Street or Area. (Entries are invited from Shopping Centres, Shopping Streets or Groups of Shopping Streets)
(11) Best Allotment Plot
(13) Best Overall Score (Must have entered 3 classes or more – best 3 scores to count)
(14) Themed Category – To celebrate the 2016 Summer Olympics to be held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
How to Enter
You can enter online using the online entry form at www.morecambe.gov.uk/morecambe-in-bloom-entry-form/ Alternatively you can collect an entry form from any one of the below outlets:
Morecambe Town Hall
Bare Lane News
The Arndale Centre
Morecambe Visitor Information Centre
Martin’s Newsagents Torrisholme
Kennedy’s Butcher & Delicatessen
Closing date for entries is Friday April 24.
Entry leaflets can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: Morecambe Town Council, Town Hall, Marine Road, Morecambe, LA4 5AF.