It has been ten years since Morecambe Promenade Station heard any trains along their tracks.
David Hodgson supplied the photographs showing Morecambe Promenade Station from its opening in 1907 to its closure in 1994.
Built by the Midland Railway Company, the station first opened to passengers more than 100 years ago.
It served as a replacement for the Northumberland Street Station, which was situated on the new site of Morecambe station.
The station closed in 1994 due to plans to regenerate and redevelop the seafront area.
The building still remains intact, becoming The Platform in 1997, with the Morecambe Tourist Information Centre being based in the station since 1992.
The station has been restored to its original Midland Railway condition and has won many awards since.
These include the Ian Allan National Railway Heritage Award in 1999 and an Access for All Design Award in 1998.
A concert was held in 2007 to celebrate its 100th anniversary with Lancaster’s Mayor, Councillor Janie Kirkman giving a speech followed by a concert from Brian Lancaster.
Thanks to David Hodgson.