Tyson Fury’s fight with Boytsov called off

editorial image

The proposed clash between Tyson Fury and Denis Boytsov, set for December 1, is off.

The Morecambe heavyweight had been set to face the undefeated Russian at Belfast’s Odyssey Arena but according to his trainer Peter Fury, Boytsov isn’t ready for the fight.

Fury is still set to fight on December 1 according to his uncle Peter, with the possible WBC world title eliminator against Boytsov set to be put back until early next year.

He said on Twitter: “I’m sorry to announce Boytsov is out.

“We looking to reschedule the fight for mid-Feb. Boytsov said he needs more time to prepare for Tyson.

“We are now on with another opponent for December 1. That’s all I know for now.”

Fury, ranked fourth by the WBC, has had trouble fixing an opponent for his next fight, with Tomasz Adamek and Ruslan Chagaev reportedly amongst the possible opponents to have fallen through.

The Morecambe man, who has won 14 of his 19 fights by knockout, last fought in July when he stopped New York journeyman Vinny Maddalone in the fifth round and is eyeing up a world title shot in the near future.