The reduction in Government funding for the county and city councils is going to affect the services we all enjoy;
but not all is doom and gloom.
* Lancaster Castle is on its way to becoming a major tourist attraction.
* Now the objectors have lost their court cases (at £2.6m cost to Lancashire’s residents) the M6 link road will boost employment and reduce traffic jams.
* The indoor market site is set to be redeveloped for a major occupier, adding to Lancaster’s shopping mix.
* The Frontierland site is set to be redeveloped – here’s hoping that M&S make a return to Morecambe.
* Leighton Moss has gained even more recognition after being featured on BBC’s Autumn Watch – which didn’t do its lemon drizzle cake sales any harm either.
* And I hear rumours that progress is being made on plans to have a new Booths store in Scotforth.
The district is growing from strength to strength – what a fantastic place to live.