A couple who married six months after meeting are celebrating their diamond wedding anniversary.
Jean and Morris Wilson of Bolton-le-Sands, met in Blackpool’s Winter Gardens in December 1954.
Jean recalls that she noticed Morris because he was good-looking and thought “What a dancer!”
Morris remembers Jean was smartly dressed in the latest fashion. They married in October 1956 at Holy Trinity Church , South Shore , Blackpool. In 1959 their daughter Amanda was born, followed by son Brent in 1963. They moved to Morecambe in 1969 and worked in the licensing trade, moving to Bolton-le-Sands in 1982. They have three grandsons and one granddaughter. They will be celebrating with lunch for family and friends at The Midland Hotel.