Friends of a teen who nearly died after drinking a liquid nitrogen cocktailare furious after a famous rapper talked about her plight on Twitter.
Chart-topping Professor Green’s comments sparked a row on the social networking website after schoolgirl Gaby Scanlon needed life-saving surgery to have her stomach removed.
Gaby, from Heysham, was rushed to the Royal Lancaster Infirmary after collapsing while on a night out to celebrate her 18th birthday.
She had drunk a cocktail, made with liquid gas to create a steaming cauldon effect, in Oscars wine bar on George Street in Lancaster on Thursday night.
The sixth form student, who attends Ripley St Thomas Academy, then said she felt breathless and developed severe stomach pain.
Gaby’s condition on Tuesday was described as “serious but stable”.
David Morris, Morecambe MP, has called for liquid nitrogen drinks to be banned.