DCSIMG

Morecambe flats evacuated after kitchen fire

Latest news.

Latest news.

Fire forced the evacuation of flats in Morecambe last night after someone fell asleep while cooking chips.

People living in the four-storey mid terrace building on Clarendon Road got out after hearing a smoke alarm around 12.40am this morning, Friday.

Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service said the occupant of the ground-floor flat put chips in the oven but then fell asleep on a settee.

Two fire engines from Morecambe attended.

A fire service spokesman said the fire caused light smoke damage to the affected flat.

No one was injured.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page

 

X scottish independence image

Keep up-to-date with all the latest Referendum news