Midland Hotel evacuated after discarded cigarette catches alight

Latest news.
Latest news.
Have your say

Visitors to Morecambe’s Midland Hotel were evacuated on Sunday afternoon after a burning smell was noticed by guests using the patio.

Firefighters called to the scene at 2pm found a discarded cigarette which had fallen into a small gap between the patio area and the wall of the hotel was the cause of the smell.

The bar area was evacuated while fire crews located the burning and dealt with the incident.