Choking on fangs most unusual call

A patient choking on plastic vampire fangs was one of the most unusual callouts last Halloween for North West Ambulance Service.
A patient choking on plastic vampire fangs was one of the most unusual callouts last Halloween for North West Ambulance Service.
0
Have your say

A patient choking on a set of plastic vampire fangs was one of the more unusual ambulance callouts on Halloween, said North West Ambulance Service.

The trust experienced a 13% increase in calls on Halloween or ‘Mischief Night’ last year compared to the same time the week before.

However, nuisance calls were received over the Halloween weekend including people calling the emergency 999 number for vomiting after a night out, a sore throat, a pulled muscle and a contact lens stuck in the eye.

North West Ambulance Service issued the following safety advice whilst enjoying the celebration:

n Ensure fancy dress costumes and masks are well-fitted ensuring children can see and walk comfortably.

n Be mindful that many fancy dress costumes can be extremely flammable so keep children wearing them well away from naked flames, paying particular attention to any capes or loose fabric.

n Accompany children whilst out ‘trick or treating’ and use lights to stay visible – glow sticks are a great 
idea.

n Wrap up warm for the cold weather and be mindful and respectful of neighbours

NWAS is also encouraging adults to stay safe on nights out by drinking alcohol in moderation.