A FORMER Morecambe High School pupil is forging a career as a vintage singer and 1950s-style pin-up.
Bexi Owen has been starring in shows at some of London’s most prestigious cabaret venues.
Having recently performed at the esteemed Madame Jojo’s, in Soho, Bexi is due to appear at the Battersea Barge, which won Best London Cabaret Venue in 2011.
She will also be performing at events closer to home, including a selection of dates for the East Lancs Railway, where she will sing on a steam train while the audience enjoy afternoon tea and art activities.
Bexi has also just completed a photoshoot which will be used for a 1950s style pin-up calendar in 2013 featuring alongside artistes such as burlesque starlet Millie Dollar.
- Tributes paid to student killed in road accident
- Elderly man in serious condition after being knocked off bike
- Carer jailed after stealing from elderly women
- A family could have died in a blaze in a rented house after the landlord broke fire regulations.
- Ex-Football League names to help Galgate celebrate anniversary
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Morecambe
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 10 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 10 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North west