DCSIMG

Block of flats in Morecambe evacuated after fire

Latest news.

Latest news.

A block of flats in Morecambe was evacuated in the early hours of Friday, April 11, after a kitchen fire.

Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service said it happened after someone in the ground floor property on Clarendon Road fell asleep after putting chips in an oven. People in the four-storey building’s other properties heard a smoke alarm, got out and called 999, shortly before 12.40am.

Two fire engines from Morecambe attended. The spokesman said no one had to be rescued. He said the fire caused light smoke damage to the basement flat. For a free home fire safety check, contact Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service on 0800 169 1125.

The check can include the installation of a 10-year smoke alarm and advice about how to prevent fires in the home.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page