Morecambe woman nearly chokes on fingernails in Coke

Leigh Simpson who found some finger nails in a bottle of Diet Coke.
Leigh Simpson who found some finger nails in a bottle of Diet Coke.
0
Have your say

A WOMAN nearly choked on men’s fingernail clippings submerged in a bottle of fizzy drink.

Leigh Simpson felt the clippings in her mouth after drinking Diet Coke and spat them out in the sink but was physically sick when she realised what she had almost swallowed.

Leigh, 23, of Lancaster Road, Morecambe, said: “I rang up Coca-Cola and sent the bottle back along with the fingernail clippings I had fished out of the sink. They sent me a letter back saying sorry, along with two £5 vouchers. I’m not happy, I want something more done about it.

“I could have choked on a load of fingernails. They were massive as well. It’s put me off buying Diet Coke again, I’ll only drink it on draught now.”

See The Visitor (25-10-11) for full story.