The Government has banned a former deputy head teacher of Bolton-le-Sands Primary School from teaching after it emerged that he had taken photographs of boys in their swimwear.
David Dawson, 66, was second-in-charge at the Bolton-le-Sands Church of England school between 1992 and 1996. He caused controversy after smacking a young pupil on the bottom in June 1993 but kept his job.
He has now been told his teaching career is over.
A recent hearing was told that although Dawson was officially retired, there was evidence he was considering a move back into teaching. That will now be blocked.
A Teaching Agency disciplinary panel – part of the Department for Education – found him guilty of “unacceptable professional conduct” and banned him indefinitely. The panel’s decision was taken after a number of incidents over the course of his 40-year career.
- Tributes paid to student killed in road accident
- Elderly man in serious condition after being knocked off bike
- Carer jailed after stealing from elderly women
- A family could have died in a blaze in a rented house after the landlord broke fire regulations.
- Ex-Football League names to help Galgate celebrate anniversary
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Morecambe
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 10 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: West